Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

I went for a walk on the Strand this morning to Manhattan Beach. Four miles round trip and with a stop at Starbucks (necessitated by the loss of my companion in coffee due to lap-band surgery) I was out for about 2 hours. I believe we can say that there is a definite turn in the weather. My face got a little sunburned from the walk. I took off my jacket within a few minutes of walking and even began to think that I need to wear shorts instead of long pants.

Several weeks ago I discovered that Los Angeles has a cherry blossom season. Apparently there are cherry blossoms in the Valley at Lake Balboa Park which I imagine is a bit more Urban than my local park. They bloomed early this year and continued to dazzle a week later. (see picture) I understand that cherry blossoms are in bloom in Washington DC, also earlier than usual, with the Cherry Blossom festival moved up to start today.

Pink seems to be a very popular color in flowers this spring. At the studio, we have many bushes with pink blossoms outside my building and in the main executive parking lot (where I finally got an assigned parking spot late last year). I do not remember seeing those bushes in the past so I suspect that they are new or I am particularly unobservant. I took pictures on my studio issue phone but unfortunately have not been able to figure out how to download them to my computer. I suspect that there is an iTunes cable somewhere in this overcrowded bedroom which may allow me to get the pictures off the phone. I have tried emailing them but that never works.

As my friend Sharon used to say in college "Spring has sprung. The grass is riz. I wonder where my owner is?"

No comments: