Sunday, May 3, 2009

Alicia in SonomaLand

We stayed at Macarthur Place Inn in Sonoma last weekend. I had fun walking the grounds with my daughter at dusk. We agreed it had an Alice in Wonderland feel to it. Mazes of hedges and vine covered lanes opened up on sculptures and fountains and white wood cabanas and even a life size chess set. I went out the next day and took pictures walking around the grounds.

After the first fountain and sculpture, I came upon stone ducks on the roof of one of the cabanas. Then I walked by the hedges past the rose garden and herb gardens. Eventually I came upon the Chess garden and then the library and the cupola where I imagine some lucky couples say their vows. Then back past the spa and a large lawn surrounded by cabanas to two different birdhouse fountains.
I will only post some of the pictures here.
I have a full set on FB for those who are my friends there.

No comments: